There are tons of cartoon and comics blogs by comics and cartoon professionals. Here's one by an electronic technician for the USPS.

Friday, October 21, 2005

jacket weather


There's a north wind blowing in jacket weather and reminding me that winter is rapidly approaching. I'm going to Wal-Mart after work and abusing the Fuji Film Photo kiosk to scan in some more drawings. I'm also going to Lowe's and getting some Elmer's Fill 'n' Finish for my model rockets.

Here's the next Space Case, also drawn during my stay at Hewlett-Packard Indianapolis. After the "NASA" drawing, I went to an office supply store and bought a set of disposable technical pens so that this guy has more variation in line width. The engine is a really old school hot rod flat-head V8 Ford with those triple little vintage two barrel carburetors and lake pipes. The "Cosmic Commie" is also a bit of a shift from pure cartoon monster art into the realm of human caricature (I consider "NASA" to be more monster than human). He's also a bit of a retro relic from the Cold War. Plus he was also influenced by the crazy cosmonaut from the movie Armageddon.

People who are into model rocketry for the fire and smoke tend to like that movie. People in the hobby for the rocket science in miniature tend to dislike it. And I now gravitate towards making these Bauhaus/Zen minimalist flying wing boost gliders as aerial art....

Then there's recreating the fantasy kits that I didn't buy when I was a kid and wished that I had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home