There are tons of cartoon and comics blogs by comics and cartoon professionals. Here's one by an electronic technician for the USPS.

Monday, September 04, 2006

the stars out of reach....


I come here to praise summer and to bury it. Any summer is nice while you can grab it. Even if this one orbited to much around that Pinto. Maybe if I had to do it again, I wouldn't have bought that car on whim and more deliberately go searching for an SO. Maybe not.....

Well, it's Labor Day and I'm "celebrating" it by working.

OTOH, it seems that when it comes to the inverse, nearly everyday is Management Day. And they got the endless pointless meetings with Powerpoint presentations to prove it.

Here's a sketch of a Quewey. And not particularly a good one. They usually travel in groups, called rules, of three. It was a fantasy thing that I created on the first day of summer vacation in 1976. On the last day of that summer, I caught one and stored it in the attic for some future fun.

I wonder if it's still up there....

This also got me thinking about 30 years ago and starting my sophomore year in High School. Mr. Lippold, who has somewhat supportive, or at least tolerant, of my creative aspirations by publishing the Star Truck and The Feirds in the school paper, had moved on to a job in a better school. His psycho bat replacements were non-supportive, if not outright punitive.

Since then bits of Star Truck, The Feirds, and related have been picked over for ideas used in Captain Saucer, InterStellar OverDrive, and even the "Cyclopses" TV proposal.

The vacation pictures start again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home