There are tons of cartoon and comics blogs by comics and cartoon professionals. Here's one by an electronic technician for the USPS.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

sure looks strange to me....


Finally snapped a good picture of these rare creatures!

Actual dime store kitsch from the nifty '50s, sadly with the horn and wings broken off from too much handling from grandkids and great-grandkids.

I knew about this ceramic figure all my life but didn't know that it was based on a song until I was about 13. I guess it's one of those nobody told me because everybody thought that I already knew situations. Then I didn't hear the actual song until I was 18!

Of all the different interruptions of the Purple People eater that I eBay searched or Googled, this has got to be, by far, the most beastly. Most seem to be variations on a goofy monsterisation of big-foot style cartoon person. I'm annoyed that I'm one of the few people who didn't get to hear the song first and imagine my own visual of the creature. It was already fixed by that figurine.

Although, I am going to try to sketch up an original version tonight. Well, mostly original, because my will have a good bit of Rat FInk influence in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home